What: A Game of Thrones-inspired free* team pingolf tournament. Starting in the warm southern region, Houses consisting of two people will travel north to The Wall to compete for the spoils of war. Form an alliance with someone and join in for one last ride before the Long Winter. A friend? Great! You and your nephew or aunt? Uhhh… weird? But alright. Brother and sister… holy hell. Sure. It’s fine. This is all fine. Limited to 24 players, so sign up quick!
*No entry/registration fee. You still have to put gold in the machines.
When: Riverworks starting Sept. 30 at 11am, with playoffs scheduled to start at 6 p.m. We anticipate time for dinner between the event and playoffs and will adjust as needed.
Where: Various locations around Buffalo, including but subject to change:
- Lafayette Tap Room
- Electric Ave.
- District Barber Shop
Playoffs and the optional Consolation Tournament will be held at GameOn LAN on Delaware Ave. in Tonawanda.
Format: Team Pingolf. Participants will play in teams of two on at least nine machines (holes), with two teams playing on a machine. Target scores will be set for each hole and each player’s score will be determined by the number of balls needed to reach it:
- Ball one: 1 stroke
- Ball two: 2 strokes
- Ball three: 3 strokes
- If target score isn’t reached: 4 strokes
Team score is the sum of both player’s scores. Nine holes will be added up for the course score, with low scores winning.
Playoffs will be a three game round between the top two teams, with one game each of doubles, split flipper and a relay race. Teams who don’t make playoffs can participate in a consolation tournament which will be a two strike elimination team format. Winners of both tournaments will receive trophies and/or other awards.
Registration: Send your House Name (team name) and individual player names to Robert.J.Metzler@gmail.com. Limited to 12 teams (24 people) and we will maintain a waitlist if needed. If you sign up and then realize you can’t make it, please let us know so we can give someone else your spot.
Bike Options: Biking is not required but adds a lot of fun to the event. Routes will be suggested when they are finalized but you can choose your own adventure based on the following:
- Advanced: Park near GameOn Lan in Tonawanda and bike the entire trip. That will be about 20 miles broken up, with a lot of bike path along the way. We would suggest you bike down to Riverworks by 11 AM to make sure you have ample time.
- Easier: Park centrally to the stops along the route and then drive up to GameOn afterwards. This should be about 5 miles tops. Also, the Consolation Tournament is optional, so if you just want to play with some friends and take off afterwards, that’s cool too.
Bikes can be rented from Reddy Bike but they are not provided by Buffalo Pinball and do not have any locations near GameOn to drop off, so keep that in mind.
If the weather is going to be terrible that day, we will determine the best course of action forward and let everyone know.
- IFPA players ranked in the top 1,500 cannot be on a team together.
- Coin drop (cost of the game on location) is not free. They are between $.50 and $1
- Locations and games are subject to change.
- Because this is a team event, this is not an IFPA tournament. No magic pinball points.