Come throw down at GameOn in a group match play pinball tournament for players of all skill levels! Here’s the details:
When: Nov. 12, 2017 at noon
Where: GameOn LAN, 3660 Delaware Ave., Tonawanda, NY
Cost: $15 for A Division (for players IFPA ranked in the top 5,000)
$10 for B Division (all other players)
Register: Send payment via PayPal to firstname.lastname@example.org (please send as “friends and family”)
Tournament Format: Group match play, limited to 32 players. 4.5 hours of regular play time, with finals following.
Finals: Top 10 will advance to playoffs, with the top 2 getting byes straight to the finals. Playoffs/finals are 3 games with 4, 2, 1, 0 scoring.
In celebration of pinball now at GameOn LAN, Buffalo Pinball will be hosting monthly three-strikes tournaments the last Monday of every month. Here’s the details:
- All skill levels welcome!
- Location: GameOn LAN, 3660 Delaware Ave, Kenmore, NY 14217
- Starts at 7:30 p.m. and should be done no later than 10:30 p.m. (that’s for the final players remaining).
- Format will be a three-strikes tournament. Groups of four will be assigned a random game each round, with the players finishing in 3rd and 4th place each receiving a strike. Once a player receives three strikes, they are eliminated from the tournament.
- Limited to 32 players. Sign up in person the day of the event.
- Top three players will be paid out if the field is 30 or less players. If it’s 30+ players, top five will be paid out.
- Cost is $10 for players ranked better than 5,000 in the IFPA standings or $5 for all other players.
We’re showing some support to another location that has recently cropped up with a nice group of games by taking our Selfie League to World Hollywood Entertainment in the McKinley Mall for the month of June.
World Hollywood Entertainment
Inside the McKinley Mall
3701 McKinley Pkwy #830, Buffalo, NY 14219
Monday-Saturday, 10 a.m. to 9 p.m.
Sunday: 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.
This month we’ll be playing four games (instead of the usual six): Spider-Man (vault edition), Iron Man, Star Trek (pro) and the Walking Dead (pro)
World Hollywood Entertainment has generously donated gift certificates of $30, $20 and $10 to their store as prizes for the month!
How to play
It’s easy and anyone can participate! Here’s how:
- Play a machine that’s part of the monthly tournament (they’ll be marked with a “Selfie Tournament Game” sign)
- Take a selfie of you and the score you earned on that machine
- Upload your “selfie score” photo to the Buffalo Pinball Selfie League Facebook group
UPDATE: Registration is now open! Visit our Buffalo Pinball Summer Open sub-site to register or for tournament details, schedule, travel/hotel/attraction information and more!
The results are in and the PAPA Circuit is coming to Buffalo for the first time ever. More details on the tournament will be coming in the weeks and months ahead, but for now be sure to save the date:
Buffalo Pinball Summer Open
August 12-14, 2016
Pocketeer Billiards and Sports Bar, 2444 Clinton St., Buffalo
Thanks to everyone who voted to help bring the circuit to Buffalo!
Make-A-Wish fundraiser tournament winners (L to R): Bruce Nightingale, fourth; Nick Lane, second; Kevin Manne, first; Dave Romanowski, third.
Fifty one pinball players battled it out in the name of a great cause and raised $988 for Make-A-Wish Western New York on Feb. 6 at Pocketeer Billiards and Sports Bar in Buffalo, NY.
Through eight hours of qualifying followed by playoffs, Kevin Manne took first place; Nick Lane, second; Dave Romanowski, third; and Bruce Nightingale, fourth.
Finishing eighth overall was Joe Ciaravino of Toronto, Ontario, Canada, who took home the trophy for B Division.
The full final standings are below and will be posted to the IFPA soon. Thank you again to Tony Martin Awards for their generous donation of plaques for the winners, and to all who came out to play some games and support Make-A-Wish WNY!